Friday Fictioneers: Familiar.

 Familiar: A Short Story for Rochelle Wisoff-Fields' Friday Fictioneers


Photo by Roger Bultot

She strode downstairs to check her mailbox; she had been waiting for the humans to deliver her yarrow for two weeks. Too bad her broom was out of service. At the base of the steps, by the junk lying around, was a mewing cardboard box. She stooped to gingerly lift the flap open and was met with a pair of large, golden eyes. The black kitten observed her for a few seconds, decided she was safe and jumped onto her lap. Her herbs had still not come, but she would have to make some additional purchases.

Comments

  1. Oh, I like this! AND I learned a new word - yarrow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As writers, words are our familiars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right! I do have a couple of cats though, they're good motivators :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm, a broom and a black cat. I like this! She'll need to get some kitty litter now though. Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems they were made for each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nichika,

    The world through the cat's eyes. Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look up yarrow :). So, we have a witch who just got her black cat, needs a broom, and to wait for her herbs. I hope she's a good witch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! I trust the kitty's instinct :)

      Delete
  7. We don't often read cute and cosy stories about witches - this is a first! Nice one.

    My story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unexpected blessings. Cats coming into your life unexpectedly symbolize a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to watch a film of this character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts